Thursday, January 5, 2017

Surprise Snow Day = Food Prep Day!!

After being kept awake all night by howling winds, a shaking house, and a cat that tricked me into feeding him at 1:30 am, I was gifted with the greatest phone call of all - SNOW DAY!

I did the only natural thing to do - chuck off my work pants and slither back into bed.  I still had a bit of a sugar deprivation headache and figured the additional rest would be beneficial.  And I was right.  But I also knew that time is a precious commodity, and after reading for about an hour I got up and cooked.

And cooked.

And then I cooked a bit more.

And now i'm set for a good few days with, you guessed it, salmon cakes (seriously, so good!), semi-soft boiled eggs for a fast breakfast or quick snack, and Egg Roll in a Bowl, which looks a mess but tastes delish:



And even with all this, I'm still excited to plan out and make my next few meals, including playing around with sauce creation to make flavors pop.  I think a big part of what I like about all this is how from scratch everything is.  I thought I would hate it, but it really makes me feel competent and like a hearty peasant girl (but with a food processor and immersion blender).  So resourceful!

No comments:

Post a Comment