Monday, January 9, 2017

Today I am a Star - a gaseous ball of rage

I think the second week tends to be the toughest.  The newness is wearing off, food fatigue is setting in, and you're struggling with some pretty rough symptoms as your body gets accustomed to digesting and running off of your new meal plan.  It's so so SO worth it, but it still sucks in the meantime.  

Luckily I have had some super delicious foods and awesome friends to help along the way.  My dear friend invited me over to dinner last night and asked what I could eat and couldn't eat, and we ended up with an awesome taco salad sans tortillas or chips and with a homemade taco seasoning for the chicken and salsa and guacamole for dressing.  

I also finished off the last of my leftovers from last week's batch cooking, so it's time to bust out some new eats!  Tonight I invited another friend over to experience a taste of Whole30, and I don't believe she was disappointed.  Dinner was steak with a side of garlic mashed cauliflower, and my house is still smokey from the searing but it was so tasty! 

Trying to show all my tabs and bookmarks
Since I forgot to take a pic of my plate, here's the next best thing

Tomorrow I'll try my hand at Shrimp and Cauliflower Fried Rice, sans the peas and using coconut aminos instead of soy sauce.  It'll probably be my most adventurous meal yet, but I'm excited for it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment