Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Day -1

It's on.  I'm committing to the Whole 30 lifestyle.  For the next 30 days I will be eating what I cook, saying no to alcohol 😩, and readjusting my relationship with food.   

I felt pretty confident after making it Facebook Official and hitting the stores.  Then I started talking to people and realized I am SO not prepared, but I made my commitment and I'm going to stick with it.  I have the VERY fortunate advantage of being currently jobless AND living in a place with many stores, so if I need a thing I can get it.  Don't have cheesecloth to make your homemade ghee?  No problem, hit up one of these stores within a 12 mile radius and get back at it!  There's literally nothing else I am required to do for these next few days besides learn how to take care of myself and take my friend to the airport.  

Then will come the true challenge.  

June 5-8 I will be traveling for a conference.  There will be catered meals. And snacks.  And evening drinks.  And I will have to exercise my powers of self-control and self-motivation and stick with the plan.  My goal is to spend the next few days learning how to cook, and go into the conference with pre-made meals.  And leave the conference with a lot of knowledge, new network connections, and a happy gut.

So yeah, it's going to be tough.  And maybe I'm not nearly as prepared as I probably should be.  But this is a learning experience, and one I know I can do again and again, and be better at it and better for it each time.  

I can do this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment