Monday, June 6, 2016

Day 5 - Kodiak

Day 5 is Kill All the Things, and it was really tested this morning.  But I'm happy to report everyone survived the first day of the Make and Play conference, even if the keynote did go a little long and spark my need to kill (those birds like to chirp).  But listening to music, hanging out with a friend, and creating paper circuitry marvels helped get me back to good.

So grateful I had my lunch packed and ready to go, along with some snacks, as when 12:00 rolled around I was greeted by the smells of KFC, and even the salad was pre-cheesed, so there would have been literally nothing for me to eat.  But I prevailed, and was then available to take my gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian friend to Safeway to get herself some food (where I picked up some figs (and to my sisters, I DO want the figs~)).  

The group all went to get Thai for dinner, and while I'm kind of bummed to miss out on the socialization, it's also nice to be able to unwind by myself in a quiet house.  

2 comments: