Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Day 6 - Kodiak

I'm kind of surprised how low my cravings have been.  Everyone at the conference had pizza for lunch, and normally I throw all caution to the wind when it comes to pizza, but it wasn't even a struggle to only eat what I had brought with me.  This is doubly confusing as I'm on my period and normally cravings are OUT OF CONTROL, but this time around it's more like I just don't want anything.  Really weird.

I'm also in the 'just get me to a bed' phase, and thought I had powered through as I woke up okay and the morning went well but by 2 pm I was yawning into my circuits and didn't realize HOW tired I was until my group went to the lounge stairs to wait for the rest of the conference attendees and I lied down and almost immediately shut my eyes and sunk into the platform.

The biggest negative right now is that food and drinking is used for socialization and networking, and while I know I can be at a bar and not drink, it's also hard to do so when you WANT to drink, and literally the only thing stopping you is your own resolve.  So for me it's best to just avoid the temptation all together.  The fact that I feel physically ill as well thanks to my monthly nightmare helps ease the guilt in not palling around with my new conference buddies.

Heading back home tomorrow, and back to the kitchen Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment