Thursday, June 16, 2016

Day 14 - two weeks!!

I am kind of ridiculously proud of today.  Got up early and went to the gym with a friend, then walked home (the long way, 4 miles) stopping off at Fred Meyer's to grab a Lara bar as a post-workout protein boost (and so I could make it the 4 miles without passing out from hunger as I woke up about 10 minutes before I was picked up).  Once home I had leftover salmon cakes and eggs with some avocado and tomato slices - crazy good.  Ran some errands and did cauliflower rice and some meatballs with coconut aminos for lunch, and started a pot roast for dinner.  

This is where I have to interject and say how much I love my friends.  We were celebrating a 35th birthday tonight, and instead of going out for dinner or drinks, we met up and had a little picnic dinner on the beach, where I could bring my own food and drink and not feel so out of place.  I know eventually I'll have to face the realities of restaurant eatings, but I figure the less I have to worry about that, the better.  The worst part was that I could smell the red wine and I wanted it so much, but stuck with my sparkling water.  Cause I'm a trooper like that. 

I've also been rereading portions of the book, and need to take a closer look on how I'm eating my fruit.  It says I'm not supposed to eat it alone, or as a snack (probably mostly because snacking should be cut out completely to give my body proper time to digest), but it doesn't always fit into my meal.  So I'm going to try playing around with that (I bought a bunch of berries and want to make use of them before they go bad (and I've already frozen a ton of blueberries)).

I need to make something with my ground beef tomorrow, as I forgot I'd pulled it out a couple days ago when I thought I was making burgers.  Maybe I still will, I'm intrigued with using sweet potatoes or egglplant as buns.  We'll see how that goes!!

Halfway point tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment