Sunday, June 5, 2016

Day 4 - Kodiak

Traveled to Kodiak today for a 3 day conference.  Delighted to find I am staying at the Cranky Crow B&B, it's super adorable and has a free-use kitchen so I can store and reheat all my pre-made food with ease.  I also have my super cute Froggy lunchbox to take to the conference with me.


Since I was first to the B&B I got first pick of rooms, so of course I snagged the Captain's Quarters: queen bed with thermostat control and my own TV.  Noice.

So far cravings have been in check.  I've been pretty satisfied with the food I've made, and it wasn't hard to say no to the cookie on the airplane and get water instead of a diet coke.  Tuesday night we're having a mystery dinner gathering, which may be harder to work around, but my resolve is pretty strong.  I didn't bring a picnic basket full of eats for nothing~

EDIT: After getting settled and being immobile for a couple glorious hours I got my rear in gear and explored Kodiak.  2.5 hours and 6 miles later I'd taken my step count from 1,500 to 14,325 and learned a lot about Kodiak and the bear population.  It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment