Thursday, June 9, 2016

Day 7 - Home again!

Woo!  Made it the whole conference without slipping up or eating off plan!  All the work preparing food really paid off, and honestly it was so good most of the time I didn't even miss what I wasn't getting to eat.

The other cool thing that happened was the ripple effect.  At least two people told me directly that I had inspired them to start their own Whole 30, and a couple others were interested in checking out the book and hearing what the program was.  I had a lot more support than I had anticipated going in, and it's so cool that someone who was a stranger a couple days ago became a huge cheerleader.  It really helped to bolster my commitment to seeing these 30 days through.

Tomorrow I head back into kitchen to make some more bases so I can then create more elaborate meals.  I'm getting excited to see how much my cooking skills will improve throughout the month, and what culinary masterpieces I might stumble upon.  I had made this amazing dish for my conference breakfasts, and finished it off at the airport tonight after our plane was delayed for an hour, and I'm happy to say it was just as good cold as it was warmed up :)  Definitely something I'll make again.

2 comments:

  1. Knife one! That Italian bake sounds delicious – obviously sans meat for me, but sounds like a good way to chow down on eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knife one! That Italian bake sounds delicious – obviously sans meat for me, but sounds like a good way to chow down on eggs!

    ReplyDelete